Before 2000, my travel snapshots are
with my old Olympus or whatever camera I had at the time. In 2000
I used my Canon Powershot A50. In September of 2006 I got my Canon S3 IS with a 12x lens, just in time to use on the Panama Canal Cruise.
There is not really time to set up for more
than snapshots when we travel, so the digital Canon S3 IS works well because
it fits in a pocket or my big bag. I have scanned the old travel
photos in from prints up until 2000. After that I hope I have a
better selection from the digital. These are primarily tourist
photos and not meant to be anything but memories of the places we
In 2011 I got my dslr Canon Rebel. Some of the photos might be from the RAW photos, but are still reduced in size to fit my photo albums that I create with Adobe photoshop. As of some time in 2013 I started using the Web Album generator as my photoshop CS5 does not have the photo album that I prefer to use, any longer.
In 2013 I got my Canon SX40 with a 35x lens and lots of cool settings. There may be some bracketed shots processed in photoshop hdr merge. In 2015 I traded the SX40 to Kerrisdale Cameras and got the SX60 that shoots in RAW.
- 20 Winkler, Man. EEE LTV - 2020 - July 29 to August 18. The year of the COVID 19 Virus. After Pat arranges a time with EEE LTV factory's Benji Wall, to get the leveling jacks installed we leave for Winkler on the 9:30 ferry on July 29, 2020. We take a week to get to Winkler and spend the night of August 5th at EEE LTV parking lot. The leveling jacks and an adjustment to the water heater are finished by 2:00 and we go back to Morden for the night. Trying out the new jacks, of course. We visit Sandy and Ralph for a couple of hours in Winnipeg and then spend the night on a Walmart lot. We are getting to better at running the things in the Benz. So, we have a fairly nice trip back to Wadena and see Fran for a couple of visits. We need to wear masks. We get Sausages from St. Gregor, water from Watson and hot pepper jelly from Clossens at Quill Lake. Pat packs the things for his sisters. The next stop is to see John and Colleen to drop off the picture. Supper at their place and overnight at their place. The picture survived and looks good hanging on the LaPerle's wall. After a coffee with them in the morning we carry on to Irwin's at Valmont. We have some very hot weather until we get to Vancouver. We deliver Bonnie's stuff to her. The dishes survived! Go for some delicious fish and chips... thanks Bonnie, and Gelato. We get to Lloyd's place a few hours later, and visit for a while on the deck in the shade. Very nice and cool. Pam and Mike come over and Pam helps make the supper. Good to see them. Lloyd appreciates his 80th birthday gift of sausages. After bacon and eggs in the morning we are off to meet Harvey and Valerie in the Moscrop Park. Was good to see everyone. We catch the ferry back to Victoria, and unpack. We had tried the fridge on 12 volt for the first time while on the ferry. It worked well. We spend the time on the ferry in the Benz. We get home without any virus. It has been a very good trip.
- 19 Sask - 2019 - July 18 to August 8.
We had a fairly good trip to Sask and back in the LTV Unity Benz. We spent a week at the Wadena Campground while visiting Fran in Pleasant view. Visited friends and other relatives.
- 18 Scandinavia - 2018 - August 8 to September 29th
We are on the Grand Scandinavia bus tour with Insight Vacations. We visit Copenhagen, Denmark, Stockholm, Sweden, Tallink Silja Line, Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland, Kuopio, Finland, Rovaniemi, Finland (Santa Claus Hotel), Ivalo, Finland, Honningsvag, Norway, Alta, Norway, Narvik, Norway, Mosjoen, Norway, Trondheim, Norway, Geiranger, Norway, Oslo, Norway. We sign up for most of the extra options, since they usually have dinner included. All in all, the tour got very busy, with long days on the bus, no 'relaxed starts', scrambles to get lunch before bus departed, and a scramble to find supper after a long day on the bus. Our tour guide, Laura was enthusiastic and hard selling all the extra options. We had a new travel agent as our Maria Taylor has retired. Martina Peladeau of Vision Travel Solutions is not going to make the cut as our new travel agent. Insight could have made this trip into 5 more days for a more enjoyable, relaxing trip for all. I could have been better prepared for bringing warmer clothes. Our flight to and out of Seattle with Delta air was a disaster and started out the whole trip in a pig's mess. We both got home with a case of pneumonia. The scenery was truly spectacular, food prices were also.
- 18 Sask - 2018 - June 27 to July 20
Our first trip to Sask. in the Unity soon to be called the Last Lodge. We are slowly learning more about how to operate the Last Lodge. We visited friends and relatives, with no time for touristing. It was very hot, and windy, with some rain. There will eventually be a photo album along with travel log notes available
- 18 California - 2018 - Feb. 16 to March 7. The Unity's maiden voyage is a horrendous trip. We go down the Coastal route on the #101, running before a storm that is coming south. We cannot keep ahead of it. The night we are at Seal Rock campsite, which is just beside the ocean, great winds over night rock the boat. In the morning the campsite water tap is frozen but our pipes are ok. It is about Bakersfield before we get into warmer weather. We eventually get down to Lake Cahuillia, in the Desert Palms area where we get a rest for 3 days. We head back up the I-5 trying not to be in another snow storm that has come South. We spend a couple of days in Sacramento where there are more high winds and sleeting rain. One of those days we drive to Rocklin to the Mercedes dealer and get the engine light put off. It was on due to a software update, and not to the bio-fuel Pat had added. The next day the storm has abated and we have clear sailing up the I-5, with our final stop at Dan and Irene's place. Everyday we had something new to learn about the Unity. Still have lots to learn. Dan was house sitting for us, so he had about 3 weeks to try out his retirement.
- 17 Unity -We fly to Kelowna to pick up our new Mercedes Motel. We have 2 nights free in the Holiday Park campgrounds. We are slowly getting used to the new camper van. I accidently erased the photos for this trip, so there will be no photo album from the trip, but I will add a few photos of the Unity with more information, as time goes on.
- 2017 - Sask. - August 15 to August 22. The year of great forest fires across B.C. Since we have sold our old Dodge Lodge and do not yet have our new Mercedes Unity Van, we fly out to Sask. for a week. We rent a car and spend the week in Fran's home. Was an ok trip. Fran is doing very well as she goes into her 98th year.
- 2016 - Tahsis - Aug. 2 - 5. We travelled to Tahsis with a stop for lunch at the York St. cafe in Duncan, to Nanaimo with a stop at Cabelas (camping gear) and got a plastic 6 egg keeper and a wire toaster thing. Took the scenic route to Campbell River and went to the Thunderbird campground. No vacancy, so we stayed in the overflow, no hook-ups spot. Right across from the toilets so that was handy, and great Shaw open wi-fi. We had free pink salmon and a guy filleted it for us too. Delicious. The next day we traveled to Gold River and down to the dock on Nootka Sound where the Uchuck III comes in. Had lunch right beside the water. We were very fortunate to get the spot, as parking spots were filled with the workers and fishermen. Fine lunch of left over salmon sandwiches. We still have half of the fish frozen. Then on to Tahsis on the winding, narrow, rough, gravel road that went up and down mountains and around hair pin turns. Nasty business, but Pat managed to drive the 68 km in about an hour and 3/4. There is one campsite in town and there was room for us. Nice enough place. We had beans and spam for supper and went for a walk to what we thought was a pub. Well it had been a pub and perhaps a motel, right by the water. But it was all old and no longer inhabited, although there were a few rooms with open windows, so I suppose there were some occupants. All the retail stalls were closed. Pat thinks that it is past its hay days since the mill up there closed. I brought home some seeds from a local lupine that I am going to plant and hope they germinate. This area is very dry now. In the winter they get a lot of rain that make the 3 sisters waterfalls into the 6 or 9 sisters waterfalls. The return trip over that road was far better with a few rest stops and slower going. We got to Gold River and shopped Fields store for a few items. Lunch on a shady parking spot, and back to Campbell River to the Thunderbird -- same spot -- for camping over nite. We got KFC. We had a leisurely trip back to Victoria with photo stop at the Carvings, a stop for blue glass (3 items for $10), lunch at Qualicum beach and more photos, and a stop at the Highwayman hotel for photos.. at Union Bay. It was quite an eventful trip.
- 2016 - Sask. - June 28 to July 19. The year the rains came down. Three weeks in the Dodge Lodge #2. We stopped in Edmonton for two over nites and had a week in Wadena. From there we visited friends in P.A. We went to Waskesiu and La Ronge and headed south to Regina for an overnite. In Medicine Hat we had a torrential downpour over night. We arrived home on the 19th after one overnite in Burnaby. We had cloudy and rainy weather most of the trip, but it was good driving weather, and a good trip.
- 2015 - Sask. - June 22 to July 21. The year of the fires. There was a great smoke over Sask. from the fires in the north of the province. We spent a few days with Fran, and other family and went on to Winnipeg this year. On the way back we had about a week visiting and touring with the MTFCA in the Cochrane, Alberta area. On the rest of the trip home through B.C. we had some very hot weather, and B.C. too was burning.
- 2015 - Pat and Lloyd in Europe - May 7th departure and returned June 8th. (4 weeks) in Lloyd's motorhome, in Europe. Visited Germany, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Liechtenstein. Some highlights of the trip: visited many car museums, were in a Concorde aircraft at one of them; Mosel, Germany, wine tour; rain, hail, and sun en route to Brussels; many walking tours to visit historical sites in the old town of the cities. May 25th: in Paris where the GPS found the Indigo Campground, bus to metro to Musee Des Arts et Metiers which doesn't disappoint; metro and walking to Musee D'Orsay, impressionist art. May 27th: travel day to Millau to view the viaduct, highest and 2.5 km long, and camped over at a nice, quiet campground. Then across the south of France: no parking at Nimes or Arles; stayed a few days at St. Remy du Provence; Chateau Neuf du Pape wine tasting tour; Orange: tour of the theatre and lunch of crepes, and then to see the Arc de Triomphe, had steak Roquefort and Chateau neuf du Pape for dinner in the motorhome; leaving St. Remy drove through the Ardeche Gorges - spectacular! Overnight at Grenoble. Next day across Switzerland; full day drive to Liechtenstein. Beautiful campground: hillside, shade trees, Alps views, gentle, cool, breeze. Next day visited Zeppellin Museum at Freidrichschaffen. Next day to Stuttgart: Mercedes Benz museum and met the Finners at the flowers street display at Muhlenbach in the afternoon. Then back to Schuttern for a few days visiting and preparing for Arnold's birthday dinner and for our return on Monday morning, June 8th - train to Frankfurt and home.
- 2014 - Sask. - June 23 to July 19.We had planned to go to Winnipeg but southeastern Sask. and southwestern Man. were seriously flooded, so we decided to head for the hills of home, cutting our trip short. We saw the dinosaur museum at Drumheller and drove the Kananaski Country loop.
- 2014 - around Town - In the summer of 2014 we did a few of the tourist in your own town things; including a ride on the Hippo bus, the International Kite festival, a lunch at Genoa Bay, and a visit to the legislative buildings.
- 2014 - Port Refrew - July 28 to July 29. We took the Dodge Lodge to Port Refrew, with a lunch stop at Jordan River, and found a lovely campsite at the Pacheedaht Campgrounds right beside the San Juan River where it meets the ocean. The campground is modernized since our first stop here and it remains a very special spot. The next morning we were to Botanical Bay before 8:30 and began our walk down to the Beach. We spent about 4 hours here and were back to the new hotel for seafood chowder lunch. We were home by 3:30. The road to Port Refrew is now paved but still winding. The clear cut forest planting has filled in the bald spots along the road since we were last here in our first camper van -- the chevy van. The photo album will contain photos from the first and the 2014 trip.
- 2013 - Rocky Mountaineer. - July 25 to Aug. 5. We fly harbor to harbor air to Vancouver and early next morning board the Rocky Mountaineer Train to Kamploops. Next day the train takes us to Banff through the spiral tunnels and we get stalled for 3 hours at Field while a freight train gets repaired and off the track. We are on a bus the next morning touring through the Kananaski country, with a short helicopter ride, see Bow Falls, Lake Minnewanka, Surprise Corner, the Hoodoos, and Pat rides the Gondola to Sulpher Mountain and back. Next day we continue by bus to visit Yoho National Park, Emerald Lake, the Natural Bridge, the Spiral Tunnels, with pictures of Castle Mountain in the mist, and arrive at Lake Louise and have lunch while waiting for our room to be ready. Next day is the bus to Jasper, including the Athabasca Glacier, Tangled Creek Falls, Athabasca Falls, Lake Beauvert. Very early start next day and we are finally on the train to Quesnel by 8:30. Pictures of Moose Lake, Fraser River, and get in late on a very hot day. The airconditioning had quit working, too. Quesnel to Whistler we stop on a bridge over Deep Creek and I manage to get some photos out of the back of the train, more ranching shots, the mill at Williams Lake, travel beside the San Jose River (Caribou country is very scenic), past Lac La Hache. We are late getting in again. Next day is free time in Whistler with the Natives Cultural Center for BBQ lunch and tour of their museum. Whistler to Vancouver is an easy run and our Four Seasons Hotel is the best room of the whole trip. Fairmont Hotels were less than satisfactory and highly over rated for comfort or food service. The last day we fly home on the harbor to harbor airplane.
- 2013 - Sask. - June 24 to July 17.We visit Fran for about 9 days including Manitou family gathering, see Dan and Carol, visit Moose Jaw underground, Waterton, and make our way home via #20 highway from south of Wateron. An excellent trip.
- 2012 - Sask. - July 26 to August 12. We have the trailer to take the new old Model T to the 100th Anniversary of Wadena. Pat and Fran win 1st place in the parade. This is a quick 2 week trip with time spent with Fran, and no traveling about.
- 2012 - China - March 28 to April 14. We fly first class to Shanghai, China (12 hours). All our hotels are five star in Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing; the rest of the time we are on the ship cruising the Yangtze River, 21 days in all. We see the terra cotta warriors, the great wall, Budhist temples and famous gardens, as well as silk and jade factories. Very interesting, and active trip.
- 2011 - Barkerville - Aug. 19 to Aug. 26. We travel to Port Hardy and after a delay due to high seas take the ferry to Bella Coola. The adventure continues with white knuckle trip "over the hill" on the nasty, winding, curvy gravel road. Barkerville is interesting with docents, theatre, and much history. We take the Duffy Lake Road home -- more winding road over the mountains, with 11 - 15 percent downgrades and 20 km per hour hair pin turns at the end. Brakes smoking again. Continue on to the Sky to Sea Highway to Vancouver where we are well met by Lloyd and have a wonderful dinner and visit. See Jo next day and then home. There were some of the best campsites we were ever at on this trip.
- 2011 - Sask - June 23 to July 13. We have the new trailer to take the new old Model T to the National tour at Pincher Creek. We see Fort Steele, Fort McCleod, Waterton. We continue on to Sask. to visit Fran with a bit of a tour around Drumheller. On the way home we go through the Kootenays, after picking up the trailer at Harry and Rosalie's place where we had left it. We visit Bryan and Joan at Kimberley on the way home.
- 2011 - US Southwest - Feb. 17 to March 13. We spend 24 days in the Pleasure Way Dodge Lodge,traveling to the South West US. Some of the highlights were The White Sands Desert in NM, the Space Museum, Red Rock Canyon, Sedona, Tonto Monument, and a visit with Art and Marlene at Palm Desert on our way back. We had good weather through the high passes both coming and going, but were snowed in at the Flagstaff, AZ KOA for two days. Highlight for Pat was his visit to Russ Furstnow regarding old car parts, also at Flagstaff.
- 2010 - Sask. - June 22 to July 8, 2010 We spend 16 days Pleasure Way Dodge Lodge, going back to Saskatchewan for Fran's 90th birthday and The Dierkers 50th wedding anniversary. We travel out to The Columbia Icefields and have a ride on an ice bus out to the glacier. We visit Fran and attend the celebrations, including a 100th anniversary of St.Patricks Parish. We return via the Coquihalla with a stop at the B.C. Bridal Veil Falls. Saskatchewan was stormy and flooding, mosquitos and hot. Good trip otherwise.
- 2010 - St.Lawrence Seaway and Rideau Canal - Sept. 13 to Oct. 5, 2010 We spend 21 days on 2 cruises - the St. Lawrence Seaway and the Rideau Canal. Very interesting with visits to Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa, Upper Canada Village and much more.
- 2010 - Galapagos in Ecuador Peru - March 4 to 19 - We Fly to Quito, Ecuador and board our Xpedition ship on a small Celebrity cruise to the Galapagos Islands. There after we spend 6 days in Peru including a fly over of the Nazca lines. We have about 12 different airplane rides in the 14 days. Its a very active trip but very interesting. I wish we could have had more time, but the cost would have been even more astronomical than it already was. It was good to have the business class seats on the overnight flight home from Quito to Houston.
- 2009 - Sask - July 16 to August 5, 2009 We spend 21 days in the new wide body Pleasure Way Dodge Lodge. We go to Saskatchewan via the Yellowhead route and back through the Kootenays. Its a good trip visiting family and friends.
- 2008 - Russia - May 10 to June 2, 2008. We fly to Amsterdam for an overnite in the Airport Hotel. In the morning we fly out to Moscow. We are met by Uniworld personnel and are taken to the Litvinov for our Russian River Cruise. We cruise the Volga River and some large lakes with several stops on the way; arriving in St. Petersburg on the 22nd. This is a spectacular city, including the Hermitage and the Peterhof. On the 24th we take a rattling old bus over horrible bumpy roads to Tallin Estonia, where even the weather, improves tremendously. We spend 2 days in each of the Baltic Countries -- Tallin, Estonia, Riga Latvia, and Vilnius, Lithuania. Very busy days packed with information of our sight seeing. On the 30th we fly to Amsterdam where we spend 2 days touring, flying home on June 2, 2008.
- 2007 - US Southwest - Feb. 20 to March 12, 2007. We spend 3 weeks in the Dodge Lodge. We travelled down the freeways and across California, Arizona, to New Mexico, where the site seeing began in earnest. This is the 'enchanted' state. And it is very interesting. We quite quickly viewed the Carlsbad Caverns, Roswell museum, Loretto Chapel in Santa Fe, the Painted Desert and the Petrified Forest. Then we headed back home, mostly on the freeways. On the way down we were in a blizzard at the Siskiyoo Pass in Oregon, and in a Sandstorm in Arizona. On the way back we had neither problem. There was much to see and there is still much more to see, one day.
- 2006 - Panama Canal Cruise- Oct. 7 to 22 - a 16 day Cruise (2 days air travel) on the 'Infinity' from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, to Aruba, Costa Rica, through the Panama Canal, Hutalco, Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, and Los Angeles, California to fly home. Good food, interesting shore excursions, mostly good weather. The hilight and reason for going was to see the Panama Canal. 2000 people on this 12 deck floating hotel.
- 2006 - US Southwest - We drove the Dodge Lodge down the West Coast of Washington, Oregon and California, visiting friends on the way. The drive down the Coast was very scenic. Pat did some terrific driving through 10 mph curves on the 2 way traffic road. While visiting our friends took us to Hurricane Ridge, Mount Angel and the Abbey, Silver Falls Park and other places of interest. We stopped at the air museum in Tillamook and drove through the Avenue of the Giants (redwood forest). We drove across California and north to the Grand Canyon (spectacular). We then headed home on the I-5. Pat was driving long days and we got home in 4 days, despite the snow at Weed and the Siskiyou Pass. This was a wonderfull trip. Photos of mountains, seascapes, forests, desert, the canyon, blimps, waterfalls and icicles. We were gone for 3 weeks. The campsites and Dodge Lodge meals were not too bad.
- 2005- Danube River Cruise - A 25 day River Cruise from Amsterdam to the Black Sea and finishing the tour with 2 days in the Bucharest area. We were on the MS River Duchess from October 22 to November 14, 2005. We put our luggage in our cabin and there was no putting our bags out at the door for the bus in the mornings. We had open seating dining in the dining room at dinner, with lunches and breakfasts as a buffet. The food, services, and the tours of cities, etc., were all excellent. I would definitely recommend this as an enjoyable, informative way to travel.
- 2004 - Scotland Ireland - Two Trafalgar bus
tours to see Scotland and Ireland. Our tour guide for
the Irish trip was a delight. Spent a few days with
Lehanes at the end of the Irish tour. Another must go
back place I got to see the Book of Kells. The light
always seemed good in Ireland. (April 2 - 23).
- 2004 June July Sask, Alta. - Bowden Alta - Sali's 50th and to Manitou Sask for Meehan gathering, visit Hunts in Kindersley
- 2004 Hot Springs - Hot Springs - We took Andy
and Tara, the Dodge Lodge, their tent and drove to
Whiskey Creek Campground A stop at Little Qualicum
Falls next morning and camp at Crystal Cove (Tofino).
Boat trip to the hot springs and fly back in a
Beaver. No whales close enough to shoot. Coombs, Port
Alberni next day, and home. Good trip.
- 2003 - Malta - Malta with side
trips to Sicily and Naples. We have breakfasts and
dinners included. We tour around by taking the buses.
Naples included flying to Rome - we just saw the
airport though. Pompeii ruins were the main
attraction there. Malta is steeped in history. I
could spend time there again easily.(Feb. 24 - March
- 2002 - North Island July 15 to 19,
2002 - Campbell River, Sayward, Kelsey Bay,
Telegraphy Cove, Port McNeil, Port Hardy, Holberg,
Winter Harbor, lots of gravel, logging roads. Our old
1981 Chevy Camper Van managed very well.
- 2002 - France, Pont Royal France staying at
Pont Royal in our apartment, cooking in and doing our
own tours in the rented Renault. Excellent trip. We
meet the other Patrick Meehans, as their apartment is
just above ours. We drive to Paris and leave the
rental car. We tour Paris by taking the metro and
walking.(Feb. 15 - March 15). I would need to spend
at least 2 months in Paris.
- Chatterbox Falls Aug.25 - 28, 2001.
We drive to Nanaimo and catch the ferry to Horseshoe
Bay, then a ferry to Langdale. Drive up the sunshine
coast in our 1981 Chevy Van to Maderia. Drive to
Egmont next day and catch the Malibu Princess to
cruise up the Jervis Inlet to Chatterbox Falls and
then home. Lovely little trip.
- 2001 - Greece, Crete Rhodes - Greece on a
Trafalgar bus tour. Side trips to Crete and Rhodes on
our own. So much to see here. Must go back.
- Sask 2000 - June 25 - July 19,
2000 -To Sask for Fran's 80th, Dysart Reunion, visits Kelowna, Regina, Diefenbaker Lake (Douglas Park), Weyburn, Melville, Wadena, Saskatoon, Moose Jaw.
- Lady Rose - Aug. 21 - 23,
2000 - Camped overnite at Port Alberni and then
sailed to Bamfield on the Lady Rose.
- 2000 - Bavaria Bus Tour - April 15 - 30.
Trafalgar's Bohemia Highlights bus tour. Frankfurt,
Berlin, Warsaw, Krakow, Budapest, Vienna, Prague,
Munich. We had very hot weather on this trip. At one
point the air conditioning in the bus quit working
and we had to get a new bus. It took ages to get
through the border crossings and it was always a
hassel to change money. Our tour guide was hopeless.
A one point he had to take a cab and lead the bus to
the hotel, as he did not know where the hotel was
located. For all of that I would go back to see more,
- 1999 - Turkey - Another Trafalgar
bus tour of Turkey. Wonderful time, except for having
the bus leave us behind at our first coffee stop.
Things just got better and better thereafter. .
Istanbul would be worth a few months visit alone.
Wish I had better photos of this trip also. Our guide
spoke very good English and had much information to
impart. I must go back someday. While we were there,
the bombing started in Kosovo. Our trip continued and
we returned home with no problems.
- Uchuck II - September 1999 -
Gold River to get on the working boat and go up
Nootka Sound with stops to load and unload cargo.
Pete and Audree are with us, and they get the good B
& B at Kyuquot for the overnite. Return next day.
- 1998 - Arles, France - Provence, France.
We have an apartment outside of Arles at Fouchon and
tour the area in our rented Renault. Shopping for
local wine and food and cooking in for most of our
dinners. We begin to feel at home here and love this
part of the world. Feb. 15 to March 13. We saw so
much on this trip. I wish I had better photos.
- 1998 Haida Gwaii - July 17 to 22. We flew to Sandspit on Moresby Island (1 1/2 hr) and toured by old school bus, and helicopter. Scrumptious seafood to eat. An unforgetable experience. These islands are a special place in the world. We watched (Pat participated) dancing in the longhouse, we had a feast prepared by and eaten in the home of one of the residents of Masset. Had a tour of the old village totem poles at Skedans (helicopter ride in) and much information from an excellent 'eco guide', Margot, on the bus.
- 1996 - Italy - On a Trafalgar
bus tour of Italy. We meet John and Jaromey on this
trip. Rome, Florence, Venice, Siena, Pisa, London and
home. Feb. 11 - 19. Short but sweet trip.
- 1995 - Germany France KD lines river cruise - Oct. 10 to Nov. 6
London, then to Koln, Germany, where we join our KD
lines river cruise up the Moselle and the Rhine,
ending at Frankfurt, Germany. We get a rental car and
go to pick up the Motorhome at Friesenheim. Our trip
in the Motorhome is full of adventure, including
having to get the clutch fixed in France. We head to
the South of France, see a bit of Switzerland, return
the Motorhome, and fly to London. We have a bit of
time in London again and have a side trip to Kew, see
some of the British Museum, attend a theatre, and Pat
goes to the London to Brighton antique car run. A
very eventful, interesting trip.
- 1994 - Portugal - Portugal - We
spend a few days in Lisbon and then drive our rented
car to the Algarve where we have an apartment right
on the beach. We take an extra bus trip through Spain
(Seville) to Gibraltar and to Tangiers, Morocco
- 1992 & 1993 - January
1992 to the desert with a stop at Las Vegas. May 1992
- tour with other members of the RROC up the Alaska
Highway. A stop at Laird Hot Springs and a side trip
to Dawson City along the top of the world highway. We
return on the MV Columbia (Alaska Marine Highway)
with stops along the way at coastal towns. Skagway to
Bellingham. Very interesting trip. 1993 - Drive to
Yellowknife, NWT, in BMW to visit Brian. Good
- 1990 - Hawaii, April 2 -
18. We Island hopped and saw 5 of the Islands.
December 1990 we drove the BMW to Arizona and picked
up the wheels for the model T. Return via the Coast
highway, with a stop previously at Tony Handler's
unusual RR used stuff store. 1991 - RROC national
meet in Monterey Cal.
- 1989 - Drove in the BMW
to the RROC and BDC car club meets in Williamstown,
Mass., with a visit to New York, New York, Saratoga
Springs, Lime Rock Raceway, Newport. We get to ride
in Everett Dickinson's 4.5 litre Bentley stopping at
Saratoga Springs and Tanglewood to listen to the
Boston Symphony. After all the gala affairs we head
north, through Maine, New Brunswick, Prince Edward
Island, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. We then head
home and get back some time in September, after
spending a few days at Fran's home. We left July
26th, and I am very homesick and anxious to get home.
- Pre 1989 - A few snaps of our
trip to Mexico - Puerto Vallareta, Las Hadas,
Guadalajara (1976) . A barefoot cruise on the
Fantome, a sailing ship. We drove down to Florida
(Volkswagon Fastback) , flew over to Freeport and got
on board the Fantome for a week. We would stop at
different Islands, crawl over the side on a rope
ladder and jump into a dinghy and go ashore to see
the sites or snorkel and sun bath. Then back home via
the Volkswagon. We had a half a day and night in New
Orleans on this trip And overnite stops in other
cities One stop we were storm stayed in Jamestown, SD
and had to be billeted in a dormitory at Westminster
College, as all the hotels were taken and no
travelling allowed on the highways. Very memorable
trip.(1975).Another driving trip across the US to
Padre Island, picking up Fran on the way at Dallas
airport, for a stay in our apartment for 10 days on the Island. Then we drive across the US again and arrive home after 4 weeks( Feb. 1977).
I have made up a Travel logue for these trips from my travel journal notes. You may read them if you wish HERE - Pre 1989 Travel Logue
The Travel logue page is PRIVATE and PASSWORD PROTECTED. (Please contact me for the password).
- Botanical Beach - The road to Port Renfrew and Botanical Beach is an adventure with hairpin turns and one way roads over some of the bridges. We go past Point No Point and the Breakers cafe, which are lovely destinations by themselves. After hiking into the beach area there are tide pools with sea creatures left behind when the tide goes out. Port Refrew is the beginning of the West Coast trail along the west coast of Vancouver Island. This place holds a special place in my heart, as it is the first place we camped in our camper van. We boon docked on the Reservation's beach and had the place all to ourselves.
- Canadian Prairies - We go back to the
Prairies regularly, so this may be a large album.
- Canadian Mountains - I hope I never
get tired of our marvelous scenery.
- Chemainus - An interesting little city with
murals, a dinner theatre, and quaint architecture.
Logging town that went artsy when the mill closed
- Genoa Bay - We take at least
an annual trip on the motorcycle to have lunch at
Genoa Bay. I go every chance I get. Its a beautiful
spot. It has a nice little art shop, on the water, of
- Silver Star - An annual
overnight stop on the way to Red Deer Swap for the
guys. Sheila & I drive up to Silver Star and meet
them at Jim and Sheila's skihaus on their way back
home. Pat & I visit the Kelowna Konnection on the
- Thetis Island - Pete and Audree's
home on Clam Bay. Fine friends and a lovely spot to
- Vancouver - Any photos I might have of our
travels through and around Vancouver.
NOTE: - NONE of the Car Event trips/albums will be noted on the TRAVEL page. Each event will appear on the vehicle that was used in the event.
- Car tours - This will be a sub page with a list of the car tours we have attended with albums of the event.
- Car stuff - RROC & BDC - We have gone many
places with the Fuel Economy Meet, and the Spring
- Car Stuff - Model Ts - We attend meets
with the Can-Am group, the Model Ts day,
- Car Stuff - Seen while riding in the Model T - When on tours with the Model T quite a lot of my photos are shot while riding shotgun/navigator in the model T. I have decided that this album will hold photos that have part of the Model T in them to show that the photo was, indeed, taken while riding in the model T.
- Car Stuff - Antiques - The cars and the
members of this group are often the same as the
people in the other groups, but we go to some
interesting places with a meet that lasts 5 days with
the Antique chapter of the VCCC. We attend the Island Challenge with this group annually.
- Car Stuff - The Chevy Van - We had this Van for 7 years and sold it in June of 2003.
- Car Stuff - The 1995 Pleasure Way Dodge Lodge - We had this Van for 5 years and traded it for the 2000 Wide Body Pleasure Way Dodge Lodge in February, 2008.
- Car Stuff - The 2000 Wide Body Pleasure Way Dodge Lodge - We had this Van for 5 years and traded it for the 2000 Wide Body Pleasure Way Dodge Lodge in February, 2008.
- Car Stuff - The 2017/18 Leisure Travel Van - We picked up our new Leisure Travel Van in August, 2017